Abt Associates Administration Manager / Grants Manager - Uganda ICAN in Uganda
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Grants Manager to support the ICAN project in Uganda.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Direct of Finance, Compliance and Administration, the Grants Manager will manage ICAN’s grants program, assuring compliance with USAID regulations and generally accepted standards, laws, and administrative policies. This may include, but is not limited to the follow:
- Working closely with the project’s technical staff, define scopes of work for grantees to support ICAN’s technical objectives
- Conduct grants solicitation and advertisements; design and prepare grant review guidelines for evaluators, including scoring formats; convene grant committee meetings; participate in negotiations with applicants, prepare the negotiation memoranda and awards
- Oversee grants administration, compliance and implementation procedures, and ensure compliance with USAID procurement regulations and local laws
- Develop and implement a grant tracking system to ensure the timely and correct execution of all grant agreements
- Collaborate with the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) team to obtain required monitoring data and to support ongoing learning
- Make periodic visits to the organizations and institutions that are executing projects supported by grants funds
- Organize/provide ongoing support and training to strengthen grantee financial, management, and governance systems, as well as operational policies and manuals
- Review invoicing from grantees and ensure that all payment requests are supported and justified by appropriate documentation
- Facilitate the technical approval and payment of grantees
- Ensure a successful and compliant close-out of grant activities
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 6 years of professional experience
- At least four years of experience managing USAID grants
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- (6+) years of experience and bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.