Abt Associates Project Assistant / Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist - Central Asia TB Tajikistan in Tajikistan
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Moniotring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist for our office in Tajikistan to support the anticipated USAID Expanding Tuberculosis Identification, Treatment, and Prevention in Central Asia (TB-CA) regional project based in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan. The project aims to improve long-term detection, treatment, and prevention of Tuberculosis (TB), especially drug resistant tuberculosis (DR-TB) in the region. The project will support new and effective approaches for DR-TB treatment and care, expand outpatient treatment models and related health reform activities, and improve the quality of TB medicine manufacturing and laboratory capacity to ensure high quality. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide. This position is contingent upon award.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Country Manager/TB Advisor, the M& E Specialist is responsible for collecting monitoring data in the country. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Work closely with the country team, manage collection of data and provide overall support and troubleshooting to the country team
- Help NTP to revise and update National M&E Plan
- Conduct quality data checks to ensure data quality
- Support NTP’s M&E team in performing routine monitoring, cohort analyses and program evaluation
- Assist NTP in providing mentorship and methodological support to PHC in TB Case management
- Work with project team to aggregate data for the region
- Conduct pertinent data analysis for informed decision-making, and assist with follow up on implementation of recommendations
- Other duties as required
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics or related field
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative data collection techniques
- Minimum 4 years of experience supporting monitoring and evaluation activities, preferably on USAID projects
- Demonstrated ability to work as both a member of a team and accept inputs of other team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- English and Russian fluency. Other Central Asian language is an asset
- ( 4+ ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.