Abt Associates Senior Application Developer - HSDA Jordan in Jordan
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Senior Application Developer to support the HSDA project in Jordan.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- MSc/MA in Computer Science or a related degree (or BSc/BS with commensurate experience)
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management
- Extensive experience in .NET languages (VB.NET, C#)
- Hand on experience on Design Patterns and Model View Controller (MVC) architecture
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (MSSQL, ORACLE)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with mobile development (iOS, Android, Blackberry)
- (8+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.