Abt Associates Office Assistant / Technical Team Assistant (Cairo) - ERAS Egypt in Egypt
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Technical Team Assistant to support the Cairo office on the ERAS project in Egypt. The incumbent will report to the DCOP as far as job tasks and responsibilities are concerned. The incumbent will assist in maintaining a Technical activity at field level.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with technical consultants assigned field activities
- Coordinate with Regional offices needed tools and logistics for technical consultants
- Follow up for the work assignments under guidance of team leaders
- Schedule appointments with project clients and make sure clients receive documents and receivables on time
- Organize and manage relevant databases
- Assists in preparing deliverable' documents
- Support the validation processes of the implementation plan across the IRs
- Assist component leads in developing the database of buyers and suppliers
- Assist in collecting marketing data, follow up with stakeholders on assigned work plan activities
- Coordinate with the Technical team and the training team as necessary to capture data required for the MEL reporting of the project. This includes photos for progress reports, training description, etc.
- Other duties as requested by the supervisor
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in management or related field, a minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience
- A working knowledge of Administration, good report, filling and writing skills is required
- Ability to communicate with and respond to common inquiries or complaints from beneficiaries and members of the business community
- Ability to write and translate reports
- Very Good in language skills required are: English and Arabic
- Must be adept at critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to handle problematic situations quickly and efficiently especially in relationship to fellow staff members
- Must be highly organized, prompt, accessible, resourceful, initiative, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Must be an excellent communicator, team-player with demonstrated interpersonal and networking skills
- (1) year of experience and high school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.