Abt Associates Office Assistant / Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (Cairo) - ERAS Egypt in Egypt
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant to support the Cairo office on the ERAS project in Egypt. The incumbent will report to the MEL Lead as far as job tasks and responsibilities are concerned. The incumbent will assist in maintaining a rigorous database of data gathering activities at field level; capture gathered information in well-written progress reports; continually monitor data collected and entered into the database by the data entry operators.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Enforce the use of standardized data collection tools/reporting templates by project stakeholders and field offices
- Maintain soft and hard filing for all project activities – files and data must be organized by reporting quarter and governorate. This includes filing of training documents, field reports and other technical assistance activities
- Carry out thorough and continuous review of data entered by Data Entry Operators/M&E Coordinators in the field offices
- Communicate with consultants, coordinators and other field staff as necessary to ensure the standardized use of templates that feed into the MEL system
- Enter data related to activities that take place in the Greater Cairo governorate
- Conduct periodical reviews of data entered by M&E Coordinators in the regional offices, make corrections and revisions as necessary, and report major findings, observations to the MEL Lead. Reviews must be conducted on a weekly basis at least
- As requested, fill in for M&E Coordinators in the field offices mainly to maintain an updated data entry status on the project’s MEL database
- Coordinate with the communications team and the training team as necessary to capture data required for the MEL reporting of the project. This includes photos for progress reports, training description, etc.
- Maintain an up-to-date tracker of the status of data entry by regional office, week, status of data collection, status of data entry and status of revision
- Other duties as requested by the supervisor
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree (B.Sc. or B.A.) in an agriculture related degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 2-3 years work experience in a similar position
- A working knowledge of data base applications, word processing, spread sheet and presentation computer applications
- Excellent report writing skills is required
- Ability to communicate with and respond to common inquiries or complaints from beneficiaries and members of the business community
- Ability to write and translate reports
- Fluency in language skills required are: English and Arabic
- Must be adept at critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to handle problematic situations quickly and efficiently especially in relationship to fellow staff members
- Must be highly organized, prompt, accessible, resourceful, initiative, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Must be an excellent communicator, team-player with demonstrated interpersonal and networking skills
- (1) year of experience and high school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.