Abt Associates Chief of Party - HS3, Dominican Republic in Dominican Republic
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks qualified Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded HIV Services and Systems Strengthening (HS3) project, based in the Dominican Republic. The project aims to strengthen the Dominican Republic’s public and private efforts to maximize the quality, coverage, and impact of the national HIV response, particularly to serve key and priority populations, and to accelerate achievement of the 90-90-90 targets through innovative best practices that are free of stigma and discrimination. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides strategic direction and technical leadership to produce project results
- Serves as the project’s key liaison with USAID, government counterparts, and local partners/stakeholders
- Provides leadership and technical support specifically for project staff and subcontractors
- Supervise the project’s technical assistance team to ensure a focus on core results, achievements of annual work plan and targets, and timely/effective implementation
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Monitors the progress and pace of project implementation, assuring that the full potential of the program is realized through the promotion of high quality work and internal control
- Direct the activities of the Security Focal Points and/or Country Risk Manager and will collaborate with the Global Security Office in the implementation and application of the Global Security Policy
- Coordinate and supervise security planning and operations to effectively support program management and the achievement of program goals
- Serve as the Chair of the Security Management Team and conduct SMT meetings once every eight weeks
Serve as Project Lead for the Security Management Team in the following capacity
Ensure safety and security training is provided for all staff and that appropriate equipment is issued to staff
- Ensure that safety and security awareness is provided and that standards are followed and adhered to by all Abt staff and contractors
- Foster an environment in which all staff can comfortably discuss safety concerns
- Maintain local safety and security networks
- Perform incident management duties to ensure appropriate response and recovery
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Master’s degree in international development or another relevant field, required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Strategic Planning, Project Management, and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Previous Chief of Party experience on USAID-funded projects required
- Demonstrated experience interacting with government agencies, civil society counterparts, and international donor agencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in the Dominican Republic required
- English and Spanish fluency is required
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.