Abt Associates Administrative Assistant & Receptionist - ZAP Barbados in Barbados
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
The USAID-funded President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) Africa Indoor Residual Spraying (AIRS) Project supports USAID Missions and Bureaus to plan, implement, and monitor and evaluate vector control activities to prevent mosquito-borne diseases (including malaria and Zika) in African, Latin American, and Caribbean countries where USAID supports vector control efforts. The overall goal of the project is to reduce the burden of vector-borne diseases by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement mosquito control programs on the ground by providing technical expertise, building local governments’ capacity, creating innovative implementation models, conducting cost-effective commodity procurement and logistics systems, and engaging local communities in affected countries.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Administrative Assistant & Receptionist to support the ZAP project in Barbados. The Administrative Assistant & Receptionist will work under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager of the ZAP Eastern and Southern Caribbean project.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages all logistics and communication of meetings and conferences for ZAP Barbados team
- Greets persons entering the office
- Assist with the control of inventory of the property of the project
Assists the Finance & Administration Manager in the implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the company
Purchase, store and distribute office supplies
- Assist local procurements for office supplies and other requirements
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics. Works with spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing and word processing software packages in the preparation of requested documents
- Prepares reports, manuals, agendas, correspondence and memoranda for the Finance and Administration Manager and team
- Conserves F&A Manager’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications
- Maintains F&A's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
- Plans, conducts and supervises assignments of a confidential nature requiring considerable discretion, judgement, tact and diplomacy
- Sets up and maintains sensitive files and records for the F&A Manager
- Refers matters to appropriate parties for action and follow up to ensure proper disposition
- Provides administrative including telephone coverage, duplication, mail handling, and preparation of correspondences
- Coordinates and manages the scheduling of appointments, travel and meetings
- Organizes conference/meeting logistics for F&A Manager
- Supports the ZAP team with other tasks as assigned
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- A minimum of Five (5) CXC passes including English & Math
- Experience working for international development programs, particulary USAID-funded programs, is desirable
- Experience in petty cash management, financial reporting, and budget tracking
- Experience in inventory management is desirable
- Good time management
- The ability to work with minimum supervision
- The ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- A self-starter that is able to perform under pressure is preferred
- 2+ years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.