Abt Associates Administrative Assistant / Logistics Coordinator - VectorLink Benin in Benin
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Logistics Coordinator to support the VectorLink project in Benin. Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the inventory management and logistics functions of the project.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Management of the project’s inventory control system, including storage, quality control, inventory record keeping, and inventory reporting
- Directs and supervises the storage, distribution, and transport of IRS commodity goods and equipment throughout the country
- Supervises Warehouse and Store Managers, and organizes capacity-building interventions to elevate their skills
- Manages the logistics for all project activities, including spray operations, entomological activities, events such as workshops and meetings, lodging and travel arrangements, etc.
In collaboration with the Environmental Compliance Officer:
Ensures that all health and safety measures are in place and followed at all store and spraying locations
- Ensures the clearance and proper disposal of all waste material and excess items from project stores
- Helps to train drivers and warehouse managers on environmental compliance issues
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelors Degree in Logistics, Business, Management, Administration, or other relevant field
- At least four (4) years of relevant professional experience, with significant experience in the logistics and management of commodities
- Demonstrated experience in warehouse/stores management
- Excellent management, supervisory, organizational, computer, and writing skills
- Fuency in English
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.