Abt Associates Senior Compensation Analyst in Rockville, Maryland
Join our high-impact HR team where you can be part of an innovative and creative team of HR professionals whose passion is the pursuit of excellence. At Abt Associates, the Human Resources team provides global, value-added programs, services, and consultancy in a timely manner. We aim to enhance the Company’s ability to attract, retain, and motivate highly talented employees. We are committed to a work environment that supports collaboration, work/family initiatives and is strengthened by diversity.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Senior Compensation Analyst to support the Human Resources department at our office in Rockville, MD. You will leverage your knowledge of international compensation in both developed (i.e. U.K, Australia) and developing (i.e. Ethiopia, Zambia, Haiti) countries to support the implementation and administration of global compensation programs for Abt Associates’ in-country and third country nationals. You will ensure compensation programs in each country are competitive and compliant. You will use your compensation expertise and knowledge of the markets to advise and support the international HR Team in making compensation decisions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Apply knowledge of international market practices and provide counsel to HR Business Partners, Talent Management, and division management on compensation programs and issues affecting current and prospective employees consistent with corporate compensation philosophy and policies
- Use your compensation expertise to assist with the design, implementation, and continual improvement of international compensation programs, through analytical methods including annual reviews, benchmarking surveys, and job classification. Experience and familiarity with Birches Group survey data and job structure is very helpful
- Conduct compensation studies and analyses. Leverage data to develop recommendations and drive organizational decision-making on compensation
- Conduct analysis of jobs and salaries in order to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and recommend salary ranges and/or adjustments. Prepare ad hoc analyses and reports as required
- Use analytical techniques and models to help the company proactively manage compensation programs, policies, and practices
- Establish and document repeatable methods, processes, and tools for compensation analysis and train others in their use
- Review salary adjustments and salary grade assignments to ensure such actions are within established guidelines and policies
- Mentor junior employees
- Support the administration of the annual salary planning process
- Assist in maintaining proper job classifications and job descriptions reflecting job duties, responsibilities, competencies, and qualifications as needed
- Ensure regulatory compliance of pay practices, compensation policies and processes in countries in which Abt Asssociates operates
- Assist with developing compensation-related training programs and materials
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline
- 5 – 7 years of experience in a compensation role; 3+ years working with global compensation specifically in developing countries (i.e. Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Columbia, Haiti)
- Technical knowledge of government contracting compliance around compensation. Knowledge of compensation-related regulations, such as FLSA
- Exceptional abilities to slice and dice data and present it in an understandable manner to non-technical audiences. Experience with analyzing data and identifying patterns to form general rules or conclusions and to provide appropriate compensation recommendations
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong demonstrated proficiency in HR systems such as Oracle and SuccessFactors, and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Word with advanced skills in Excel
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects or activities, and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Agile and able to work independently and collaboratively under pressure in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment while adjusting to changing demands
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), GRP certification
- Experience with compensation market analysis, design software and benchmarking tools such as PayFactors
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 5 - 7 years of expereince in a compensation role
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.