Abt Associates Information Technology Technician in Rockville, Maryland
Ranked by Washington Technology as a top 100 leader in IT services, Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. If you want to apply your technical expertise to programs that help control infectious diseases, address housing and homelessness issues, and inform policies that create economic opportunities in the U.S. and abroad, we invite you to join our team. Our IT team of over 60 professionals collaborates across 45 offices. As a member of our team, you will be on the front line supporting users around the world. Clients have come to rely on Abt to provide innovative solutions with energy, creativity and top notch customer service. Our company culture of continuous learning supports opportunities for long-term career growth and a balanced work/life experience.
Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it's welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV / AIDS, we address the world's most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce.
A “Washington Technology Top 100 company”, Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified IT professional to provide exceptional service and user support on a variety of computer related hardware and software products via telephone and e-mail, and to interact with and provide IT support solutions to any user among the entire 2100+ user community. Key skills include strong interpersonal skills, the ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-pressure environment, effective incident management within a helpdesk ticketing platform like ServiceNow, and the ability to successfully use resources at your disposal to problem solve.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide quality and efficient technical support services to Abt colleagues
- Follow recommended guidelines and maintain SLAs and OLAs
- Adhere to and help improve team policies and procedures
- Use a knowledge-based approach to research known resolutions
- Work and communicate effectively with IT colleagues to ensure issues are handed off smoothly
- Participate in bi-weekly ITSC team meetings
- Exercise good judgment when dealing with sensitive employee security information and company documentation, to ensure alignment with corporate data security and compliance requirements
- Keep Rockville, MD site equipment organized and stocked while also maintaining an organized personal workspace
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Experience providing excellent customer service in a technical environment with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and customer expectations
- Ability to manage time and ticket load efficiently while paying close attention to details
- Strong knowledge of ITIL and ITSM frameworks
- Understanding of HelpDesk ticketing software such as ServiceNow
- Solid oral and written skills to interface with all users/technical communities within the company
- 2 - 5 years of experience and a BA/BS degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.