Abt Associates Director of Project Finance in Rockville, Maryland
Our Finance Department is committed to facilitating the achievement of the Company’s objectives by providing exceptional financial and administrative expertise and service to our clients.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Director of Project Finance to support the Abt’s divisions and departments. The Director of Project Finance supports Divisions and provides financial and some operational analytical assistance to a large and diverse domestic and international portfolio of programs. This position works with various Divisions and Departments and other Finance personnel to facilitate excellence in project delivery, enhance client and program knowledge, enforce policy adherence and ensure process standardization.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish and lead the project control function supporting multiple programs across revenue-generating business areas
- Ensure program cost control and risk assessment with responsibilities for both internal and external reporting
- Perform analyses and prepare reports to ensure contracts are within negotiated parameters and government cost control guidelines by working collaboratively with the Contracts and Procurement team
- Implement standardized best practices for project control function, including EAC/ETC and Accrual processes, burn rate analysis, risk assessment and other cost estimating processes
- Lead and support respective areas in change management efforts
- Develop, implement and maintain standards, guidelines, and tools that can be efficiently used across both international and domestic portfolios
- Establish and deploy training programs over the entire range of experience levels
- Serve as the subject matter expert for Project Controls from a financial perspective
- Advise on strategy for successful project execution
- Assist in the development of training, competency profiles and career development of staff
- Lead/participate in project start-up and shut-down activities
- Liaise with Business Area Leaders and Finance Leads to meet program demands
- Develop and lead a team comprised of Program Finance Analysts
- Provide reporting and analysis, financial understanding and business perspective on a variety of financial and operational issues
- Responsible for staff development, performance evaluation, goal setting
- Lead and support preparation of management reviews
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures, Federal regulations, and guidelines and contractual requirements; enforce adherence to requirements, and advise management on needed actions
- Support client audit activities
- Develop and implement policies, systems, processes and procedures to ensure contract compliance and ensure timely and accurate reporting internally on cost, schedule and project status
- Input into bid phases including review of Project Control requirements
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Highly motivated and disciplined leader
- Strong Program Control, Program Management, analytical skills and leadership capabilities; works well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize, delegate and follow through tasks with a team
- Self-directed with proven ability to research complex issues, work independently, and multi-task several projects efficiently
- Strong financial presentation and management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of developing and sustaining effective peer and corporate relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively with others (both written and verbal) including giving instructions, assignments, training
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Demonstrated results creating processes and identifying process improvements in a fast-paced and changing business environment
- Federal government regulations experience
- Expert in organizational development from concept to implementation.
- 10+ years of experience working in the government contracting industry, leading and supporting ERP implementation and change management efforts, and implementing standardized best practices
- 15 years of experience and BA/BS degree in business, economics, accounting/finance, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.