Abt Associates Contracts & Procurement Compliance Manager in Rockville, Maryland
The Contract Operations Department is responsible for cradle-to-grave activities associated with both contracts and procurement, which includes subcontracts, purchasing and managing our company’s small business program. Contract Operations delivers expertise and professional leadership in these areas, as well as establishes policy, procedures, guidelines, forms and other resources to assist our clients from proposal preparation through contract implementation and closeout. We provide value-added support to our internal and external customers through the development and negotiation of agreements that satisfy all sides.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Contracts and Procurement Compliance Manager to support the Contract Operations team in Rockville, MD. The Contracts and Procurement Compliance Manager (CPCM) is a monitoring and evaluation position that reports to the Vice President of the Contracts and Procurement Department. The Contracts and Procurement Compliance Manager plays an important strategic role in developing, implementing and verifying compliance of Abt Associates contracts and procurement practice, policies and procedures, with U.S. Federal Government and other client applicable Statutes, Public Law, rules, and regulations. The CPCM will conduct ongoing evaluation of Abt Associates purchasing system compliance, performance and process maturity. The CPSCM will review Abt client contracts to ensure adherence to and compliance with various terms, conditions, regulations and reporting responsibilities.
The CPCM will be familiar with DCMA and DCAA Certified Purchasing System Review (CPSR) expectations for system certification. The CPCM will review Procurement business practices and prepare standard operating procedures (SOPs) to implement and maintain a certified system. The CPCM will be familiar with government contracts management process. The CPCM will review Contracts’ business practices and prepare/update SOPs to implement and maintain sound contract administration practices. This position requires a high level of integrity. The actions of the Contracts and Procurement Compliance Manger will have an impact on the quality and reliability of Abt Associates’ procurement system and its adherence to its client obligations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develops tools, processes, procedures and policies to provide clear guidance in the correct and complete execution of Abt contracts and procurements to meet applicable government regulations, requirements and law
- Monitors and maintains professional knowledge of changes in government regulations (FAR, all federal agency regulations, CFR and Public Law)
- Implement changes to policies and procedures and provides updated training to Contracts and Procurement staff and other Abt employees, as necessary
- Develops and executes a proactive and systematic audit of procurement file documentation to verify compliance
- Provides proactive support to the procurement group with the implementation and measurement of corrective actions
- Develops, implements, monitors and reports on essential compliance metrics
- Identifies and resolves evolving issues with operational adherence to compliance requirements
- Provides Contract and Procurement Leadership and Executive Management with progress and trends in the execution of compliance requirements
- Provides internal and external audit agencies summary data as required to support the continued approval and/or certification of purchasing systems and other related regulatory functions as necessary
- Provides oversight for certified cost analysis activities and coordinates internal and external resources to complete the cost analysis, as required
- Leads all internal and external audit activities within the Contracts and Procurement functional areas, including government Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR), and support to customer pre-award and post-award audits, as required
- Provides support to related compliance and regulatory audits and reviews
- Drives implementation of purchasing systems audit and compliance applications and automation tools
- Develop and maintain relationships and alignment with stakeholder business groups
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- High level of integrity
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of U.S. Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Knowledge of competitive procurement practices and systems
- Bachelor's degree with 8 – 10 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.