Abt Associates Associate Project Finance Analyst in Rockville, Maryland
Our Finance Department is committed to facilitating the achievement of the Company’s objectives by providing exceptional financial and administrative expertise and service to our clients.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Associate Project Finance Analyst to support the Project Finance team for our Social and Economic Policy division located in either Cambridge, MA or Rockville, MD. The Social and Economic Policy Division at Abt helps guide development of the nation’s prominent policies and programs. Our contributions—at all government levels—have resulted in better programs on housing, community revitalization, education, workforce development, income security, food assistance, and in support of children, youth, and disadvantaged families.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of a Finance and Contracts Manager (FCM), the Associate Project Finance Analyst works alongside project managers/directors in the division in support of managing the financial and contractual elements of the project(s)
- Collaborates with other department/functional support areas including Contracts and Procurement, HR, corporate/division finance and pricing
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and changing work environment is required
Financial Management & Reporting:
- Under guidance of FCM, collaborate with Project Directors to build appropriate work breakdown structure to comply with client requirements and allow for accurate time charging and financial projections
- Under guidance of the FCM, develop budgets for project teams that align to contractual requirements, proposal and project WBS; Work with Program Managers/Project Directors (PM/PD)to adjust as appropriate
- Reviewing, validating and reporting project actual costs incurred for labor, expense and travel
- Document and submit information in support of accruals for work performed but not yet invoiced in accordance with company policies
- Work with Project Team to collect bottom up financial forecasts/Estimate to complete and enter into Project Financial Management Tool
- Review trends to assess accuracy of the financial forecast and work with project team to remediate any issues
- Responsible for accuracy in financial reporting for cost, revenue and profitability internally to the division and finance department, as well as externally to the client(s) in accordance with contractual obligations
- Learn about factors that affect financial risk analysis such as contract type, subcontracts/materials, staffing, and other measures as appropriate. Report financial risks to the leadership including manager and PM/PD
- Comply with company, client, local and other legal requirements and regulations
- Track the progress of any activity with financial implications such as milestones with progress payments or ties to fee
- Prepare and manage project specific deliverables related to financial or contractual requirements (such as invoicing, supporting back-up data, limitation of funds communications, etc.)
- Work with Accounts Receivable to review invoices and expedite PD review in order to maintain cash flow for Abt; Work with AR and Client to resolve any issues with regard to payments (short pays, etc.); Work with PD to minimize controllable non-billed amounts
- Initiate purchase requisitions in Oracle in support of project services and material purchase needs
- Work with Procurement team, learn how to review supplier, subcontract and consultant agreements to monitor funding and understand the agreement types in relation to the prime contract obligations
- Review subcontractor/supplier/consultant invoices for accuracy, validate subcontractor/supplier/consultant spending is in alignment with expected forecasts, funding, and commitments. Work with AP to ensure invoices are routed, reviewed and approved in a timely manner
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Skilled with excel for data manipulation and analysis such as pivot tables, lookups, etc.
- Experience supporting and balancing the needs of multiple activities/projects at once
- Experience on government contracts (including non-DoD federal agencies as well as state and/or local governments)
- BA/BS in Finance or Economics or related business field with 0 - 1 year of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.