Abt Associates Accounts Payable Specialist II in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Our Finance Department is committed to facilitating the achievement of the Company’s objectives by providing exceptional financial and administrative expertise and service to our clients.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Accounts Payable Specialist II to support the Accounting team in our Cambridge, MA, office. As a key member of the Accounting team, the Accounts Payable Specialist II will process a high volume of payment requests ensuring submitted documents are in compliance with established policies and procedures. This position requires an organized and highly motivated team player with strong initiative and communication skills. We are seeking an experienced candidate who brings an overall understanding of full cycle Accounts Payable processes and the ability to perform reconciliations. It is imperative for this individual to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be successful with handling multiple projects and competing priorities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Reviews and audits payment requests for appropriate documentation, accurate coding, proper approvals and compliance to corporate policies
- Performs multi-currency data entry for PO match and non-matching payment requests and provides assistance to team member with more complicated processing issues
- Applies technology to accounting and internal control processes to ensure the most efficient and effective processes
- Provides regular and timely communication to internal and external customers regarding payment inquires and resolves related issues/matters efficiently
- Provides first level counseling to internal customers regarding policies and procedures; escalates issues as appropriate
- Prepares daily and monthly account reconciliations as necessary
- Department resource for sales and use tax regulations
- Participates in the evaluation of internal controls for compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Assists senior level team members with month-end closing process
- Other projects as requested
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Seasoned ability to exercise good judgment on invoice matters and the prioritization of work on a daily basis
- 5 plus years of experience in travel expense reimbursement, PO matching and the full cycle of accounts payable processes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Superior customer service skills and the ability to work in a team setting with a diverse group of employees, managers and outside customers
- Ability to work independently with very little management / supervisory involvement and a strong work ethic
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite with a particular expertise in Excel
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy
- Acts as a mentor / training resource to lower level accounts payable resources
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- Solid knowledge of an ERP system, preferably Oracle
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus
- Associate’s degree and 5+ years of experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.