Abt Associates Senior Analyst - Division of Health and Environment in Atlanta, Georgia
The Division of Health and Environment (DHE) is a trusted advisor to our clients in providing innovative, evidence-driven solutions that contribute to a healthier environment and the health and safety of individuals, families, and communities. We are market leaders in providing policy and regulatory support; advancing public health and clinical epidemiology; providing environmental science, natural resource management, and ecosystem restoration; shaping healthcare policy and health services delivery; responding to mental health and substance use disorders; and studying the criminal justice system. The underpinning of our work is a research-to-practice framework, through which we engage in activities from research to program implementation. DHE provides a dynamic and collaborative work environment to our employees that fosters professional growth and promotes a culture of innovation, thought leadership, technical excellence, and collaboration.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Senior Analyst with experience in project management and quantitative research methodology to support the Division of Health and Environment in our Atlanta, GA, office.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support public health research studies by serving as a project manager
- Review collected data and analyses using standard practices and techniques in the field(s) of specialization
- Apply quantitative analysis techniques and methods to prepare data deliverables
- Draft and manage the implementation of procedures for data collection, manipulation and analysis during all project phases. May participate in the establishment of new or revised systems, policies or methods
- Assist in the preparation of writing project reports, manuscripts and other documents and preparing presentations on findings
- Exercise initiative to resolve complex non-routine matters. Implement and manage project schedules, plans, goals and budgets under the indirect supervision of more senior staff. Independently analyze issues to reconcile and resolve problems. Apply knowledge and experience of general operations, systems, and project procedures
- May lead project management teams and provide training and technical supervision to less experienced staff
- Independently, work on assignments that are complex under indirect supervision where there is latitude for independent action and decision-making
- Contribute to the business development process by assuming lead role in preparing proposal responses
- Establish an industry presence as a subject-matter expert by publishing in peer-reviewed journals and/or by presenting at annual conferences and meetings
- Identify and recruit substantive peers and actively participate in the development of less senior staff
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated capabilities in managing complex project tasks and budgets
- Technical expertise in SAS, R, REDCap and/or other quantitative software packages
- Supervisory/staff development skills strongly preferred
- Experience working in a federal contracting environment and/or with CDC preferred
- MPH in Epidemiology or related field preferred
- BA with 6 - 8 years of experience OR MA/MBA (3) years of experience OR PhD (Entry Level) OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.